Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Holidays

Christmas and New Year's have all been and gone!! My how time flies. Christmas at our house was just fine. I decided not to mess with the headache of a real, big tree, so we broke out the small fake one and set it on top of the TV. Maxwell still couldn't keep his eyes off of it, and never did get to reach it. Next year might be different. He was pretty indifferent about presents and such. The picture you see is him really excited about a water bottle, but paper and bows and toys were not on his wish list. Maxwell got quite a few toys, clothes, and books. He didn't even lunge for the wrapping paper at Grandma Davis's house, where Aunt Jeri tried to help him open a gift and he started crying. Oh well, maybe next year. Thanks all for the wonderful gifts though!!








New Years was quite a party. We spent the evening with some friends, snacked on a meat platter, and played the Wii. This was me and Shawn's first Wii experience, and I must say I was impressed. Maybe one day we'll go wee for Wii too. We did not make it to midnight (we weren't really expecting to) but had a fun time anyways. Max was in bed at 10 and Mom and Dad weren't far behind. I used to wonder why married people went to be so early. Now I understand!

As for new skills . . . . . . .
Maxwell started saying "Mom" and "MaMa" last week. He uses it in correct context about 75% of the time, but I think he's gotten sick of saying it. Its pretty rare now.

Learned to make the fishy sound (pretty dang cute!)


Likes to carry things around in his mouth (like a bird dog)


Turned 9 months old today!!


Will attempt to climb onto anything he can get his knee up on. (Kid's already doing pull ups!)




With that 9 months is a trip to the doctor's office. We'll post more on that soon. So a late Happy Holidays to you all, and to all a good night!!



P.S. A great find at Kings. One set of hat and mittens for $1.48!! Max hates them, but that doesn't make it any less of a great find!!


No comments: