Thursday, October 8, 2009

Busy Busy Fall

We have been busy!! Fall is here and I love it! I keep reading about how everyone wants it to be summer for as long as possible. Not me. I'm a spring/fall girl. Don't do well in extreme temperatures. The leaves are changing, the weather is cool, and the garden is done!! Don't worry . . . . we got it all in before the big freeze (which has continued BTW. 20 degrees every morning!) We're still trying to figure out what to do with all those squash!! Shawn and I ended up bottling 14 quarts of our very own tomatoes; something we've never done before. We picked all the apples and we're making cider tomorrow!! That stuff is yummy!

Annie is a growing girl and we are slowly but surely getting her figured out. She's a sucker for SLEEP which I don't mind at all! She's also a pretty good eater, until about 8 o'clock at night. Then she can't figure out what she wants but she gets it back together by 10ish, so that's okay.

When I had Max someone told me that if you make it through six weeks with a baby then you've got it made after that. So, in honor of week six I've done a few things . . .
  • I made my bed for the first time in 6 weeks.
  • I adopted a new morning routine that should allow me to wash my face AND brush my teeth. I'm sure my dentist will be pleased with that one.
  • I left the house and didn't go to church or the grocery store! (it was only a staff meeting, but it was nice)
  • I've started doing my hair again.

Lotsa pictures with this post, hope you came prepared!

I think this pic is funny cause Max just had to sneak in. He likes to be as close as possible to Annie as often as he can. I'm not sure when to trust him and when not to!

Annie has such cute little grins here and there. She loves to lie on our bed and look at the ceiling fan.

Max is such a big boy!! And he loves dump trucks. Mostly he likes to throw them however.


We go for a walk everyday as long as its above 50 degrees. Annie loves bundling up as you can see. I've given up the battle on the hat and just gone for lotsa blankets!

Pointing and "ya-da." That's the name of the game at our house. Everything is "ya-da."

Max touching Annie with Mom anxiously watching. He likes to move her arms up and down and will feed her a pacifier anytime he gets his hands on one. Its a nice gesture, just a little forceful.

She doesn't mind her carseat usually.

Max in his winter coat (size 12 months). Its not way too small, but I think he'll need a new one this year. I'm running out of places to put all these clothes that are too small!!

We grew sweet potatoes this year!! The banana is for comparison purposes only. This was our harvest from one 40 foot row of the plants. I'll be honest, they don't really look very good. For those of you who were wondering if you can grow sweet potatoes in Utah, here is your answer.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

The kids are so so adorable!