Monday, May 12, 2008

What an EVENING!!!

Wow. That is all I can say. Our little Maxwell has done it again.
Camian and I were just getting ready to settle down for a nice evening with Maxwell, when the wheel fell off the chariot and the peace and tranquility of Monday evening came to a screeching halt.

George Macdonald said it well, "No, there is no escape. There is no heaven with a little hell in it." We were in heaven until the God of Indigestion showed up and demanded a sacrifice. Tonight's sacrifice was no small offering.

Just as Camian was starting her shower, I was sitting with Maxwell, giving him the remainder of his bottle. Everything was calm. Birds chirping outside. A happy baby eating. The sun setting on a wonderful day. Out of nowhere Maxwell coughed and made deep eye contact with me. His gaze pierced my skull, alerting my mind that there was something bad coming.

Without hesitation he instantly gave me a cup of milk on my shirt. It immediately soaked my shirt, and it began absorbing into my skin. Meanwhile, I could hear the water of Camian's shower still running, letting me know I was in this alone, again! Round two hit me like a tornado hits a trailer park. It landed just below my sternum, and continued to keep running to my navel. I thought that this is what it must look like when a dam breaks. I was now soaked. Holding him with the hope of dashing to the sink was squashed when the atom bomb of milk shot out of his mouth and landed on my lap. I would like to know how two ounces equals two gallons.

From here I was done. Thank goodness, so was Maxwell. With what little bit of composure (and self-confidence) I had left, I stood up with Maxwell, and we made our way to the bathroom to get Camian. I asked her to hold him while I stripped out of my liquid clothes. When I came back, she commented that since he was in the shower, we might as well give him a bath. Now being the great parents we are, we carefully removed the one-sie, since the shower water stuck it to his body. Then undoing the diaper, which by the way was full of a not so milky discharge, we managed to only have a few select pieces fall out.

Then making sure that I knew that I have the stylish parent of year nomination wrapped up, Camian commented on how good I looked in my Fruit-of-the-Looms with my matching white socks and white Nikes. Thank goodness it wasn't black sock Sunday.

Yes Mr. Macdonald, "There is no escape," but I believe in miracles.
Enjoy the pictures.




Never ever try to keep his arms covered up. You'll regret it. Actually, you can try all you want, but it won't work!!




I wanted to know how much Max weighs now so Shawn brought a scale home from work today.




Just in case you can't see that, its 10.94 pounds!! We'll call it eleven! Lets all remember that at his two week check up max weighed almost eight pounds! (don't worry, he is in the center of the scale and his head is supported)



Good night folks!!

1 comment:

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

What a gorgeous family! Max is adorable. Congrats! Hope he is feeling better today...